With a good plastic card, the business possibilities are endless.
Because of their durability and the high quality of the graphics, you can use plastic cards in a whole slew of different situations. They can be visual like most business cards, but they can interact with machines in many ways.
It's easy to see why many businesses prefer to print on plastic, because of the huge range of potential uses.
- Plastic Can Be Eco-friendly
- You can reduce waste by recycling all your old plastic cards into brand-new useful cards.
- Of course, some cards will inevitably wind up in the trash. That's why PVC cards are now available that will decompose naturally within a few years when kept in soil.
- Any business desiring to reduce its impact on the environment should use eco-friendly business cards.
- Free Instant Plastic Card Quote
To get more info on custom plastic cards and competitive pricing, fill in the form below. PLASTIC CARD PRINTERS
Not all card printers are alike, so you need to examine your needs carefully to find the right one for you.
We can help you find the perfect plastic card printer, at a price that you can afford. Plastic Card ID offers: Get award-winning service from experienced ID professionals.
The best printer brands on our user-friendly website
Real product reviews from customers like you. Save money on printers and supplies with our affordable prices. Shop the best brands on our user-friendly website.
Top 5 Factors to Consider Before Buying an ID Card Printer
Please don’t make shopping for an ID card printer any more overwhelming than it needs to be, just simply focus on the top five key issues to reduce your search. 1) Single or Dual Sided Printer
You can get most card printers in either a single-side or dual-side model.
Single sided are less expensive but require you to manually flip and re-print to the backside of the cards, which can be time intensive and tedious. Dual sided card printers will save you a lot of time on large batches. 2) Dye Sublimation or Reverse Transfer
Dye sublimation printers are the most common and most affordable type of printer.
They use a ribbon with panels to infuse color onto the card, but often leave a tiny white border on each card, which can be obnoxious or come off as unprofessional. Reverse transfer printers (also called re-transfer) use a ribbon and transfer film to achieve a higher quality print that ensure full bleed with no border. 3) Volume Requirements
Companies that print large batches usually need printers with larger hopper sizes, high-yield ribbons, and faster print speeds.
Companies that only print small amounts can save money by purchasing a handfed only printer, or printers without high volume features. 4) Visible Security Elements and Lamination If cards are handled and swiped on a regular basis, for example as part of a security system, then it is essential that they are laminated.
You can also use lamination with holograms for added security.
There are other more affordable ways to add visual security, such as utilizing watermarks, holographic cardstock, and hologram stickers. 5. Connection type
You can directly connect your ID card printer to a PC with a USB cable.
If you need to connect to a Mac, ensure the printer you select has Mac compatibility. When it’s necessary to connect to a network with multiple computers, you'll need to choose a printer with ethernet. What exactly are PVC ID card printers?
A PVC card printer is simply another term for an ID card printer.
PVC, or polyvinyl chloride, is a common synonym for plastic, and though it is often associated with pipes and construction, PVC is a durable plastic that is excellent for creating and printing ID cards. If you're looking to print any kind of card or photo ID, you'll probably be using a PVC printer. How do PVC Card Printers Work?
PVC plastic card printers can use any number of methods to transfer a design on to an ID card. Some of the most common techniques to print on PVC cards include dye sublimation and reverse transfer. Dye Sublimation
Dye sublimation printing is probably the most popular method of printing cards and uses an ink ribbon with panels for the three primary colors (yellow, cyan, and magenta).
The print head is heated and moves over the ink ribbon while printing in a highly precise way, transferring the ink to the card in your desired pattern. Dye sublimation is very commonly used in conjunction with color PVC card printers, and when used with a black-and-white PVC card printer, it’s known as resin thermal transfer.
Badgy 200 Printer
For a demonstration of the Badgy Printer or to download a brochure, go to: https://www.evolis.com/plastic-card-printers/badgy200-card-printer
The Evolis Badgy200 is the LOWEST Priced Color Plastic Card Printer on the market today.
You don’t need a dual sided printer to print on both sides of the card.
You can print the card on the single sided printer, and flip the card over manually to print on the reverse side.
A COMPLETE SOLUTION
Badgy offers turnkey solutions, for both PCs and Mac computers. They consist of the Evolis
Badgy gives you a turnkey solution for PC or Mac. It consists of a plastic card printer, the Evolis Badge Studio card personalization software, and a pack of consumable supplies (blank plastic cards and a color ribbon) for 100 prints.
Also, you can access a free card template library at www.badgy.com, where you can add text, logos, photos, barcodes, and more, to the template of your choice. PRINTING ON DEMAND Badgy200 allows you to print your own cards instantly and completely independently.
Print your badges on-demand, individually or in batches. SAVING TIME
Badgy200 can produce an output of 95 color cards per hour.
You can import data from a database, adding information to your designs with a single click and launching a print run of your badges with a single command, including variable data.
A STRONGER BRAND IMAGE
The Badgy200 printer generates personalized plastic cards with professional-quality, edge-to-edge printing, that highlights your brand’s image.
EASY TO USE The Badgy200 is installed and used just like a standard office printer.
Simply load the cards into the feeder and retrieve them from the output hopper. Both are located on the front of the printer.
With the Badgy Premium Suite Software, you have control of the printer from your computer through notifications. The Badgy print ribbons are easy to install and are automatically recognized by your printer.
The Badgy200 is smaller than a letter-sized sheet of paper, so it can easily fit into any workspace.
- It's extremely lightweight, weighing in at 9 pounds.
- Personalized Card Badges
- Print your own cards securely and quickly with Badgy anytime you need them. Every print run will turn out the same professional results and exceptional visual quality. No matter what the application, Badgy handles it on demand.
- A Card Printer
It's not rocket science - instead of paper, you can print your cards on plastic.
- Badgy prints your superior quality badges in full color, and you’re able to print badges at your complete and total convenience.
- Badgy200 card printer
- Product Features
- Easy operation
- The versatile print system is a breeze to install, and is used the same way as any ordinary office printer.
- Its compact, lightweight design makes it compatible with virtually any office workspace.
- Small runs of high-quality professional cards and IDs have never been simpler with Badgy200 from Evolis.
- Badgy200 provides a solution for graphic personalization and instant card production, one at a time or in small batches.
- The Badgy200 color ID card printer is perfect for designing and printing personalized employee, visitor, event badges, library, student or membership cards, and much more.
- Badgy Studio Plus and Badgy Premium Suite for Windows
- Installation on Windows PCs is a snap with a simple CD that handles everything for you. It's really a plug-and-play solution from there.
- Design and print superior quality, full coverage badges, or ID cards with the Evolis Badge Studio + software, included with Badgy200.
- You only need a basic familiarity with PC or Macintosh computers to have Badgy up and going in mere minutes.
- Badgy Premium Suite for Windows software allows you to control your printer from your computer.
- Printer management and configuration tool with graphic notifications
- 24/7 online support
- Get a free card template library at www.badgy.com, where you can personalize a template by adding text, logos, photos, and more.
- Color Ribbon, Cards, and Power Accessories
- Badgy200 B22U0000RS has everything you need to start using your printer and begin printing cards right away:
- 100 blank PVC cards - standard credit card size
- Installation CD, including the printer driver, Badge Studio Plus software, and card template
- Full-color YMCKO ribbon with a 100-print capacity
- Power supply and power cable
Evolis Badgy200 System Description The Evolis Badgy200 card printing software is affordable and perfect for low volume card printing applications. It's a complete, out-of-the-box, all-in-one solution that is perfect for novice users.
The Badgy System includes:
An extensive online template library
An extensive online card template library
A consumables pack, including a ribbon and plastic cards
Badgy comes with a 25-card tray for input/output, top-side ribbon reloading, and power connection with USB port in the rear.
An LCD control panel makes this printer easy to use.
Quality and cost effectiveness Badgy200 feature full-color, superior quality prints that cover the entire surface of the card, from edge to edge. Badgy can also print readable barcodes.
It doesn't matter if you're printing one or 100 cards, the overall printing costs are amazingly low, so your printer solution will be easy on the budget.
In addition, Badgy saves you money on power costs when you use its hibernation mode.
This printer uses dye sublimation and thermal transfer technology to produce prints at 300 dpi and with two million colors.
This printer has a YMCKO print speed of 95 cards per hour We printed in color while it’s monochrome speed is 325 cards per hour.
Premium Suite includes:
Full-color YMCKO ribbon with a 100-print capacity
Print personalized ID badges either one at a time or in batches with the Evolis Badgy whenever you need them. Staff ID badges
Event badges Visitor badges